12th September 2014
Suggestions and concerns raised to the committees and teachers:
- Can Health and Welfare organise teacher vs. student sporting competitions?
- How is the Environment Committee fixing up the issue of sticks and mud in the netball poles?
- There was congratulations to the Entertainment Committee on the successful disco last night!
- When will the teacher vs. students competitions will take place?
- Will the Gala Day be made up? Yes, the date is yet to be organised.
- When will the Screen Dress Up Day take place? Not quite sure but we will get back to you.
- Are we getting a dog? The school is on the waiting list to get a retired guide dog, however, we will are not sure when that will happen.
- Are we getting a new rabbit? Mrs Vine has given Keera the job of finding a rabbit for our school. There are rumours that we may be getting a pig. Apparently, Keera has the option to get a teacup pig or rabbit. Keera will need to set up a survey monkey which will posted up on Edmodo.
- Can we have workshop on Stop Motion animations? I think they went really well.
- Have a provocation where we go outside.
- ICT & Entertainment: Screen Dress Up Day coming up
- Health and Welfare: Dress up as your favourite sports hero.
- Environment: Designing a route for Bike Ed, designing a nursery and a mud pizza
Last week the EAL students in Grade 5/6 had the opportunity to run a school assembly. Their assembly consisted of a variety of things which included dancing and reading. Here are some photos from their assembly. Leave us some feedback on what you though about their assembly.
In our math investigation groups we have been looking at a variety or measurement concepts. The Pythagoras group have been looking at converting between metric units and have discovered that we can multiply or divide by powers of 10 to convert between different metric units.
Last week the group had a go at measuring different things, which included; their body weight, the length of their feet, the weight of their school bags and etc. Once the students had collected their measurements, they had a go at converting it into another metric unit. Below are some photos of students measuring things and one another.
Have a look at our new class mates! What shall we call them? What movie foursomes could we name them after? A HUMUNGOUS thank you to Brendan and Tony for setting up their new home and a BIG thank you to Ms Taylor for lending us the Grade 2 fish tank!
We can’t wait to hear your ideas for their names!
Have a look at some of the creative ideas and designs our lovely 5/6 students have created for our Japanese scene! Let us know what you think by commenting below!
Frank and Caleb have designed the logo for this year’s school production, which is titled ‘Beyond the Stalls’. Let us know what you think and comment below!
Imanya, Sandra and Abeer created a treasure hunt for the Pythagoras Math Group which incorporated questions about 24 hour time, international time zones and the Fifa World Cup 2014. Some students had a tricky time deciphering the clues to find the spots where they would find their questions. It was obvious that all students thoroughly enjoyed this activity! Well done girls.
Today I ate at the Riverhead Tavern and had some delicious fried squid and chips. I have taken a photo of the menu for you.
Can you ask five friends what they would order from the menu and then work out the cost in NZ dollars. What would the equivalent cost be in AUS dollars? How about Euros? What about the equivalent cost in Yen? And the US dollar? What other currencies can you convert the cost of your meals to????